Monday, 26 April 2010

UKScrappers CyberCrop

Wow, what a busy weekend! I've never done a cybercrop before, and didn't know what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. My only regret is that I didn't have the pennies to buy the right stash for some of the classes, but I've kept the instructions and will definitely be having a go at them in the future. I managed three layouts that I'm really pleased with:





'Island Paradise' is from The Angel, Islington class using hand cut frames. I don't use my craft knife that often, so I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt. The photo is one I had left over from my trip to Borneo last summer, I'm glad I've finally been able to do it justice - I wouldn't normally use such a big photo on an LO.




{Sepilok} was from the Super Tax challenge, using up all that posh stash that you can't bear to use! I really enjoyed this one, the LO is my own design using yet another Borneo pic, which goes really well with the Crate Paper pps and embellies. I normally choose the photo then the papers, so this was a novel way around for me!



'Playing Fetch' is from the Fleet Street class. I didn't have the time, or the stash to make handmade flowers, and I had this beautiful Basic Grey cs sticker just begging to be used so I cheated! I'm pleased with the doodling though, again not normally something I would do. 

Even though I didn't manage to do much of the CC, what I did definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me try something new. I'm really pleased with the results and can't wait for the next one! Oh and of course being on the winning team helped - well done Ships!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely LOs - especially the hand cut frame one.

sutty said...

Beautiful LOs, love your frames and the photo is gorgeous. Well done for parting with the precious goodies and the BG flower works really well - perfect size and shape for the class. I only managed 3 LOs on the weekend but will go back and do some more...and try to be better organised next time too :)

Kat

happypapercrafter said...

Beautiful layouts, Jules. Lots of inspiration here!

kelly said...

I love the Lo's. I too had a go on 2 for my first cybercrop. Borneo must have been beautiful! looking forward to seeing more :)

The nook said...

the playing fetch lo is just amazing. Love everything you did well done. :)

Sally said...

Wow those LOs from the CC are gorgeous well done!