Monday, 31 May 2010

Chipboard Galore!

I haven't had much time to do any scrapping recently, but I'm so chuffed with the crafty bargains that I've got recently that I had to share! First up is this wonderful pile of chipboard goodness that I bought from the UKScrappers Marketplace. It's the first time I've taken the plunge and bought something from there - and I'm so glad I did! Take a look at the bundle that was waiting for me when I got home from a weekend away on Sunday afternoon:



How fabby is all that?! I felt like Mary Poppins emptying the bag it all came in, it just kept coming and coming and seemed never ending! I've spent ages just sat drooling over it all, I love chipboard and the feeling of height that it gives a layout. I've used patterned chipboard in the past but always seem to end up altering it anyway, cos the pattern isn't quite right for the LO I'm doing, so to have so much bare chipboard is amazing - the possibilities are endless! 

First up are two sheets of chipboard shapes from Woodware - Paisleys and Borders & Buttons. I'm a big fan of Woodware chipboard alphas, so I'm looking forward to playing with these shapes.
Next out of the bag were no less than four A4 sheets from Cherry Arte; two alphas and two different sets of shapes. I love the flowers and butterflies sheet, and can see myself using those up pretty quickly! It's great to have the smaller alphas too, I like to use different sized letters on my LOs.
Swiftly following the Cherry Arte sheets was this lovely set of white chipboard alphas from Heidi Swapp. The set is called 'Schizophrenic' and I can see why! I tend to go for uniformity in my titles, so using these will push me out of my comfort zone, which can only be a good thing.
This next lot really got me drooling, I've never owned anything by Fancy Pants before, but have always lusted after their ranges, so to pull these two 6x6 chipboard packs out of the parcel was amazing! I love that I can use the shapes, but the waste will make fantastic templates too, so I can see myself getting lots of use out of these.

Next out of the parcel were these two sets from Basic Grey; alphas and numbers. I really love the extra bits that come with the numbers set - like 'th', 'st', 'nd', 'years', etc. There are also loads of brackets and circles which will really come in useful. 
These two sets from Heidi Grace are lovely, the alphas are the most gorgeous midnight blue with floral detail, and the photo corners and tags are such lovely springlike colours with cute designs. I can see myself using these as they are, rather than altering them.
I was so chuffed with these swirls and alphas from Bo Bunny, and the alphas from Sassafras Lass. I love chipboard swirls, and these are in a colour that I will use, rather than alter. I love the colours of the Sassafras alphas too, and fully intend to kick uniformity to the kerb once again and mix and match the colours in my titles. 
Nearly there! Next out were some brown chipboard tags which are a gorgeous colour so could be used as they are or altered. I think I'll be using the Magistical Memories Crazy Daisy floral shapes quite quickly, I can think of one or two recent photos of Mojo that they'd go really well with. The chip wheel from Paper Trunk is very intriguing, and I think will be saved for a special project.
Finally, the last items out of the bag were these fab chip shapes from Riff Raff Designs. I think the robot his and hers shapes are adorable, but have no idea where I'll use them! The other shapes will all get used up pretty quickly I think, especially the swirly corners  - I'm going to make myself use all this chipboard and not sit and stroke it for too long! The only problem with all this chipboard loveliness is that I need to go and buy new stash for altering purposes...

And if all that wasn't enough we went for some Bank Holiday retail therapy and look what leaped out at me in WHSmiths! I couldn't possibly leave it on the shelves at that price, and even my OH agreed so it must have been a bargain! Even though, if I'm honest, I need more paper like I need a hole in the head...



I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to altering chipboard, and I want to do my bargains justice, so if anyone has any great methods they'd like to share please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

misteejay said...

Gosh what a mountain of loveliness...so much to stroke and play with LOL

There are so many things you can do with chipboard - paint it, ink it, cover with PP, cover with fabric. Fancy paper napkins also give a lovely effect - use just the top layer and apply to chipboard over a coat of mod-podge and then seal with another coat of MP over the top. If you use the sparkle version it gives just a hint of bling.

Have fun playing.

Toni :o)

Darcy said...

wow thats a serious amount of chipboard, what a fab parcel to open, hope you have lots of fun with it.

Anne said...

Oh. My. Goodness. What a fabulous haul! I have serious stash envy over here. Oh, and if you don't end up finding something to do with those robots, let me know - I have just the thing!

sutty said...

Wow all the chipboard looks great - I mostly paint or ink it....though you can put a layer of wax crayon on underneath, then paint it then rub off the paint where the wax was to get a grungey look....have lots of fun :)