Monday, 17 May 2010

My Scrappy Corner


Another one for a challenge blog, Scrap Whispers this time. I thought I'd have a go at Challenge 63: Scrap the Scrap and complete a layout using a photo I took during the build up to the UKScrappers Cybercrop. I actually took it for my Project Life album, but when I saw the challenge at Scrap Whispers I knew I had to use it on a layout - especially as I was using the Mystery Kit in the photo and still had enough stash left from it to do the layout with! 

I based the layout on a sketch by Helen Salthouse, and the layout she'd done from it, in issue 45 of Scrapbook Magazine. 








I absolutely love the squidgy vinyl splodges from the Mystery Kit :oD Most of the stash used here is from the Ships Mystery Kit by Sarahs Cards, the only bits I added were the chipboard letter which is Papermania, the larger of the brown alphas which are Doodlebug, and a sheet of notebook paper.

The journaling reads "The kitchen table where I scrap, midway through the Mystery Kit project for the UKScrappers Cybercrop April 2010. I'd love to have a dedicated scrapping area - maybe in the next house!"

11 comments:

Leigh said...

great layout, I would love a whole scraproom too. I work away at a desk in the living room but at least I can watch tv and chat to my other half.

sutty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sutty said...

Ditto on the love to have a dedicated scrapping area! However your table is soooooo tidy, mine is really messy and everyone can see it :) Great LO too, love the colours and the spodges are great.

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a fabulous MK, the splodges are well funky, love your corner! xx

Kelly said...

Love your layout, Jules.
And I love that you lifted one of our DT members too!
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapwhispers!!
kel x

Squirrel said...

This is adorable! I love those splodges too, and all the fun of putting together a load of different elements.
Thanks for joining us at Scrap Whispers this week - hope to see you again!
Rosey x

nerllybird said...

Wow, you used my sketch, that's brilliant! I love the colours, this is a wonderful page!

Nilsa said...

Fabulous layout! Great take on the challenge!

Leah said...

Love all the elements you used here. Thanks for playing with us!

~Telah said...

I LOVE your layout! Thanks for playing along with us at SW!

Kelly said...

oooh this is fab!! I love all the different little scrappy elements!
Thanks for playing along with us!