Friday, 21 May 2010

Reaching For The Sky

Another scraplift; this time from a layout by Rachael Elliott in issue 46 of Scrapbook Magazine. I seem to be lacking in inspiration at the moment (I would say my Mojo has deserted me, but the big furry lump trying to lie across the keyboard as the laptop is taking up her usual spot on my knee begs to differ!), so I'm extremely grateful to all the wonderfully creative people out there who provide a constant source of ideas and motivation - thank you! 
This photo was taken in Borneo; we were high up in the tree tops on a canopy walkway, and I was trying to get a shot that expressed the amazing heights that some of the trees reached. This photo is probably the best of a bad bunch - in real life the trees were breathtaking, but I don't think I've really managed to capture that. Still, I'm pleased with it as a photo, and the muted colours make it almost black and white, with just a touch of blue in the sky, which was perfect for this layout.
I've been hoarding these black and white papers from the Clare Curd Signature range for Papermania, but like everything else in my crafty stash it must be used! Pink's not usually my colour, but I thought it worked really well with the photo, and meant I could use these fantastic Woodware blooms, and the Basic Grey journaling spot that I've used as a template a million times, but never found the right layout for - must remember not to throw away the waste so I can draw around that instead!
I used American Crafts, Basic Grey and Papermania patterned papers, Woodware blooms and chipboard alphas, Basic Grey and 7Gypsies rub ons, Basic Grey chipboard journaling spot and Papermania brads and gems.
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments you've left so far - I scrap because I enjoy it, but it's such a great feeling to know that other people enjoy what I create too.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

great LO Jules, lol at Mojo.

Kimberly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful job, TFS

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Fabby LO :D
Julie xx

Claireliz said...

gorgeous LO
x