Tuesday, 15 June 2010

So Comfy

This is the first of three layouts that I am SO proud of ... because they were in issue 46 of Scrapbook Magazine! I was really chuffed when I got the email asking me to take part in the Budget Challenge, I have never agonised so much over LOs, wanting every little detail to be perfect. The subjects of the photos were never in question, three layouts and three pets - it's like they knew! 
This first one is my youngest furbaby, Leela, who can fall asleep anywhere, any time. I love this photo of her curled up in an armchair - how she got herself into this position I'll never know, but she was fast asleep and just looked so comfy.


I was so pleased that I got to use my favourite Woodware alphas on this layout, I had the pack laid out in front of me and spent ages working out how to get three titles out of one pack - a fair few curses could be heard from my direction before I finally figured it out!



My first attempt at a homemade flower - it didn't work out too badly, and fits nicely with the budget element of the LOs. I raided my mum's sewing box for the button and the lace, something that I've never done before - but I'd spent my limit and felt like this LO was lacking something.


My apologies for the less than stellar images - I was rushing to take the photos before my camera batteries ran out. I'm hoping to upgrade my camera in the near future, I've been looking at a Canon 1000D, so if anyone has any experience of one I'd love to hear your opinions.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

What a sweet layout. Well done for being published in Scrapbook Magazine.

Debsg said...

Awww that is just too cute.

Olivia said...

Great layout, congrats on being published :)

misteejay said...

Congrats on being published - lovely LO.

Toni :o)

nerllybird said...

Lol @ the thought of you trying to get three titles out of one pack of alphas! This is a lovely page, congratulations on getting it published.