Monday, 5 July 2010

Spring has Sprung

Ok I admit, Spring actually sprung quite a while ago, in fact we're into Summer now, but I've only just got round to scrapping my Spring flower photos. I took these on one of my early morning walks in the local park with Mojo, playing with the macro settings on my camera. Of course I had to take some photos of Mojo as well, she wouldn't let me take pics of flowers for long without pulling her camera pose, but they'll save for another layout. I'm quite pleased with how these have turned out, and found it hard to choose a favourite, so I thought I'd go for a multi photo LO instead :oD I've had these K&Co papers for quite some time, and thought I'd use them as part of my 'using up old stash' campaign. Unfortunately I've added several papers to my stash recently for every one that I've used in this layout, but the thought was there... I've also dipped into that lovely chipboard haul, and used three flowers and some alphas. 


I covered the flowers in some of the patterned papers, using adhesive sheets and some careful cutting with a craft knife. One of my craft essentials is my file set, which I put to good use to neaten the edges. I thought they looked a little lost at first, so I added some doodling to make them stand out a bit more. 


I followed a similar technique for the letters in 'Spring', but used my Xyron sticker maker to add the adhesive. I prefer this to glue as it gets the adhesive right to the edge, which helps to create a neat finish with the files. I used some of the K&Co patterned paper for half of the letters, and Doodlebug sugar coated cardstock for the other half.

Finally, I used pearlescent glue to cover the letters in 'Sprung', an absolute bargain at £1 for a massive tube from one of my favourite independent craft shops. I'm getting into different glue effects, and have just bought a load of acrylic paint, but I think I'm too impatient as I hate waiting for it to dry! I don't like leaving projects half finished, so never have more than one on the go at one time, but I think I'm going to have to change my habits.

Hope you like my efforts, wedding planning has taken over so I haven't been scrapping as much as I'd like, but I'll soon have a boatload of photos to scrap so watch this space!

2 comments:

Debsg said...

This is gorgeous.

Claireliz said...

lovely LO :)
C
xx