Tuesday, 24 August 2010

The Studio Challenges: 10am Challenge

So, creative juices well and truly flowing after the first challenge I was more than ready to get stuck in to the wonderful sketch challenge from Anna Bowkis. This was a sketch for a double layout, but I've just used the left hand side as a single layout. I love this photo of Mojo, she just looks so happy and contented and it always makes me smile, so I thought it was about time I scrapped it!


I used Bazzill cardstock as the background with Daisy Bucket papers, which I inked with Old Paper Distress Ink. The small alphas are Cherry Arte chipboard coloured with an Antique Rose ProMarker, and Schizophrenic chipboard from Heidi Swapp. The butterflies are also Cherry Arte chipboard; I decided to use a contrasting patterned paper under the butterfly outline to add impact. The 'happy' rub on is 7Gypsies, and the chipboard border is Woodware covered in more of the Daisy Bucket paper. 


The white circle in the detail below is cut from one of the patterned papers; the chipboard flowers are from Magistical Memories, covered in Daisy Bucket paper to match the butterfly; the flowers are Prima and the buttons are from Doodlebug. The chipboard tag in the bottom left and the photo tag on the top right corner of the photo are both from Heidi Grace. My photography skills don't really do it justice, but the bird on the tag is really cute!


Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments, they're very much appreciated :oD

6 comments:

Debsg said...

Cute doggie. Great LO.

Valerie said...

Aww, what a lovely layout and how beautiful is Mojo xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous

Claireliz said...

love the LO
C
xx

alexa said...

That photo brought a big smile to MY face when I saw it, though I am not really a doggy person. I can see why Mojo brings you joy! Love the patterned paper under the butterfly outline, which picks up the colours on the opposite side so well - neat!

Rebekah said...

Cute doggy and cute LO. Love what you've done with the sketch x