Saturday, 25 September 2010

Jungle Fever

The lovely Alix over at 'It's a Good Life' has been running a sketch challenge on her blog. The original deadline was last Tuesday, but somehow last weekend got away from me and I didn't have chance to join in. Fortunately (for me anyway!) Alix decided to extend the deadline, so I've had great fun this afternoon producing my interpretation of the sketch.
This is the sketch:
And this is my layout:

I've used three photos from the expedition to Borneo that I led in July 2009. I've used a lot of these photos; the colours are just so vivid and lend themselves really well to bright layouts. I've used patterned paper from the Pebbles Inc 'May Bouquet' range, Fancy Pants transparent die cuts, an Imaginisce clear journaling stamp and alphas from American Crafts and Sassafras Lass. 
 


6 comments:

Craftyangel said...

love this, colours are perfect for the photos.

going to give the sketch a go myself, thanks for your inspiration

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous take on the sketch. this is another project on the growing to do pile.......doubt I will ever get it all done lol

Kerry said...

Fab page and love the colours you've used.

Alix said...

oooh i love that big bracket at the top...that is a super way to interpret the sketch!

thanks for playing...despite the pressure ;0)

Debsg said...

What a great LO. You did a brilliant job.

Jenny said...

Oh! I'd almost forgotten! Thank you for reminding me and gret LO