Monday, 6 September 2010

'Made With Love' Chipboard Album

I recently got married and will soon have loads of wedding photos to scrap - I'm still waiting for the digital versions of the official pictures, but will be putting in a massive print order online as soon as they arrive! In the meantime I've been doing some preparation work as you can see. One of my sisters lives in Australia, and when she came over for the wedding she brought me a load of Kaisercraft goodies from the 'Made With Love' range, star that she is :oD She loved a mini book that I made for her last birthday, so what better way to show my appreciation than to send her a wedding mini book made with my new stash?


I've used a bare chipboard album from Papermania and have covered each page with different papers from the 'Made With Love' 6x6 paper stack. I've recently discovered spray adhesive, and it's so handy for covering chipboard. I give the back of each paper a thorough coating and then put the chipboard shape face down on the paper. I then use a craft knife to trim the excess paper, and my precision file set to sand the edges. Using the spray adhesive means that the very edges of the paper are all sticky which gives a really neat finish. I've inked all of the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink just to finish it off.


All I need now are the embellishments and photos! I'd love to see other mini books that all you lovely creative people have done while I'm waiting for my photos, so if you have any examples to share leave a comment with a link below :oD 

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Looks like it'll be a gorgeous mini book, looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

misteejay said...

I'm sure this one will be treasured - look forward to seeing with pics & embellies.

Toni :o)

Debsg said...

I look forward to see your book develop. Congratulations on your wedding.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

looking good :) thanks for the tip with the spray adhesive :)

Jayne said...

I showed this to Carley at work and she loved it so much she can't wait for me tobring it in to see it and she'd like you to do her wedding photos pretty please!!! J xx

Claireliz said...

Love the look of that mini book, can't wait to see the finished project
C
xx

alexa said...

Very pretty, and its' just waiting for some beautiful photos! (Many congratulations, by the way). I've not experimented with mini-books much, but will be popping back eagerly to see how yours is going :).

alexa said...

Oops - clicked too soon! That should be 'it's' above!

Bubbles said...

Lovely! And what a sweet idea to send a completed book to your sister too.