Another layout done for the Studio Challenge blog, I think the challenge bug has well and truly bitten! This one is based on a sketch by Sara Noendeng and is my first layout using my Tim Holtz tattered florals die, which is just fabulous :oD
I've used mainly Prima stash, with some Coredinations cardstock for some of the flower layers, a WRMK rub on flower on the tag, an American Crafts jewel brad, the felt border strip is My Minds' Eye and the stamp is Inkadinkado. The alphas are Basic Grey undressed chipboard covered in Prima paper. I did a lot of cutting for this layout, as I cut flowers out of the Prima paper to use as embellishments. Very time consuming, but very worthwhile I think!
I absolutely love the tattered florals die, and will definitely be using it a lot in the future. I tried to get the petals to curl but the card that I was using didn't seem to want to hold the shape. I think I need to invest in some grungepaper to get the look that I'm after. Still, for a first attempt I'm pretty pleased!
I've also been having a go with stamps and Promarkers this weekend, and I don't think this tree is too bad for another first attempt. I used Ranger Archival Ink, but the card that I was using wasn't great quality and the ink bled a little when I first stamped the image which was a bit annoying, but it held really well as I was colouring which is the main thing! I've realised that I don't have anywhere near enough Promarkers so I'm planning to rectify that as soon as I can (sorry bank balance!).