Sunday, 26 September 2010

Sunshine Girl

I completed this layout for the Mod Scraps September sketch challenge. I also gave myself a secondary challenge - to use papers from my stash that I've been avoiding! I got these Cosmo Cricket papers in one of the fabulous grab boxes from Sarah's Cards, but I've been reluctant to use them as they're a lot brighter and busier than I would usually go for. I've got an almost never ending pile of photos of Mojo, so it wasn't too hard to find one to fit the papers, but that meant I had no excuse!
Here's the sketch:
And here's my take on it:
I can't decide whether I'm happy with it or not, it's so much brighter and bolder than my usual style. I used papers and a journaling card from the 'Hello Sunshine' range by Cosmo Cricket, chipboard alphas from Scenic Route and Sassafras Lass, chipboard flowers from Cherry Arte, a Woodware chipboard border and an American Crafts jewelled brad. 

3 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful Layout :)

Kerry said...

sometimes those loud papers can be a challenge and you have made a great job of using yours.

Debsg said...

Gorgeous LO.