Friday, 22 October 2010

'Birthday Wish' card

I'm slowly learning how to use distress inks, and thought I'd put this to good use for my Dad's birthday yesterday. I don't really make cards, and I threw this together in a bit of a hurry, but given all of that I'm quite pleased with it anyway, and I think Dad liked it, so that's the main thing :D

The light wasn't great when I was taking the photo - it's not as red as this in real life. The close up shot gives a better idea of the colours. I used a black card blank, distress inks (Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick), Tim Holtz stamp and adage ticket, 7 Gypsies photo turns and a random 'birthday' peel off that I found in my stash!


Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous card....well done with the inks :)

Rachel said...

ooh scrummy card, great job xx

Dina said...

Nice cards! Love 'em! Hey, I drew your name as one of the winners of Shimelle's class on my blog...just send me your email addy!

misteejay said...

Great card - love the colours.

Toni :o)

Claireliz said...

really cool card
C
xx