Monday, 25 October 2010

Halloween Photo Frame

My sister is massively into Halloween and went to the Bizarre Ball with her fella on Friday, dressed in the most amazing outfit. She asked me to create a frame for her to put a photo of the two of them in, and luckily I had just the right stash for the job! I hope I've done the photo justice, and that they like it enough to want to display it - isn't it hard when you love what you've made but you're never sure if other people are going to love it as much as you do? To make it even harder on myself, I've decided to enter the finished frame into this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, 'Something Spookay'. It's the first time I've ever entered anything on this blog, so I'm a tad nervous about it!
The frame still needs sealing so that it can be used for its intended purpose, but other than that it's a finished item.
I used papers from the Bo Bunny 'Boo Crew' range, distress inks in Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Dusty Concord, and stamps by Stampotique and Scrolls Work Stamps. Lining up the cobweb stamp so it runs from the frame onto the insert wasn't an easy task, let me tell you!
 
I had to take a close up of my Stampotique Angel, isn't she fabulous?

6 comments:

misteejay said...

What a fabulous frame - I'm sure they will love it.

Toni :o)

Ali said...

Oooh that frame is fab! And am very impressed by the way the cobweb stamp runs over from the frame to the insert! :)

Hope your sister likes it... can't imagine why she wouldn't! :)

Glen said...

Ooo...I'm not a fan of Stampotique but I LOVE this Jules. I love the colours and the design. TFS. ~Glen~

Linda Elbourne said...

This is great Jules ... I totally LOVE it! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!"

Juliwan said...

fab frame your sister will love it i'm sure

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh great frame! I love the design!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah