Monday, 11 October 2010

Home is where my books are

We're on holiday this week, which means that in between the painting and decorating, cleaning and sorting, there's lots of crafty time for me! I've been putting it to good use today and have finished a layout for the Studio Challenges Sunday Challenge, which was to scrap what 'home' means to you. I decided to focus on the physical side of home, with some of my favourite objects: books. I love to read and can often be found with a book in my hand, so nothing says home to me quite like the sight of an overflowing bookcase.



I've used the Papermania Hampstead range again for this layout, I really like the linen texture to the papers, and the colours worked really well with my photo. The alphas are Heidi Swapp, Cherry Arte and Adorn It. The chipboard shapes are Bazzill and Basic Grey, both inked with Dark Moss chalk ink.

4 comments:

misteejay said...

I'm a book lover too (something my DH can't understand as he's not a "book person").

Great LO - those linen feel PPs are fab, aren't they.

Toni :o)

Valerie said...

Gorgeous take on the challnge - thanks for playing along at The Studio!

Tessa Buys said...

So very pretty! I love all the layers and the way you did your title is fantastic :).

Amanda Jones said...

What a great layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us :) x