Wednesday, 6 October 2010

My First WOYWW!

I've never been able to play on a Wednesday before - my workdesk doubles as the kitchen table, so when I want to scrap everything gets taken out and then it all has to be put back afterward. Which is a pain. So I tend to do most of my scrapping at the weekend when I've got more time to play. But... When I was blog hopping last night I noticed that Georgina at Scrap Whispers had posted a fun challenge - to scrap a layout with a 'happy' theme. That got me thinking. I'd got a pile of Echo Park 'Summertime' papers and a lovely summer photo of Mojo in the park that I thought would work really well together. Well that was it! I was itching to get stuck in, and with a deadline of Saturday for the challenge that didn't leave me a lot of time, so out came all of my stash and I started scrapping. On a Tuesday night. Unheard of!
So I have to confess that I cheated a little. I'm actually writing this on Tuesday and the photo was taken on Tuesday night, but I've scheduled the post for Wednesday morning, so hopefully if you're reading this that means it's Wednesday! I've left everything out on the table - I hope I don't live to regret that, but I've covered up the important bits, just in case the cats think my layout looks like a comfy place to sit! You can just about see one of them in the bottom corner of the photo, eyeing up the table, little monkey that he is.
I tried to get out as little as possible, so there would be less to put away when I'd finished. That's one of the good things about using a coordinating range though, I didn't need to dig through my embellishment box! I've based my layout on one by Shimelle in the Scrapbook Inspirations Ideas Book 2. Hopefully I'll get it finished for the Saturday deadline!
I'm going to try and get round as many other desks as possible, but as I've never done this before I have no idea how far I'll get! To find out what WOYWW is all about, have a look at Julia's blog, where it all began!

34 comments:

Diane said...

I really must get more into my scrapbooking...may be you have inspired me!
Diane 67

Linda Elbourne said...

Welcome ... Don't panic about the desks ... just enjoy ... great first post

#27

Susan Allan said...

i know all about cheeky cats...i only have one but it feels like more...i have two locks on the door , one inside and one on the outside of my craftroom...he just destroys everything....i love him to bits though.
sue xx 88

secret scrapbooker said...

I love those echo park papers :0)
Kate x

Creative Boutique said...

Hey Jules! A fellow newbie here too! :)Your page looks well on the way for Saturday and I can't wait to see if finished.

Claire
WOYWW #78
http://www.your-creativemoments.co.uk/blog

Sue said...

Hi Jules'
a warm welcome to the fun, enjoy your snoop, gorgeous layout on your desk, fab papers,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (2)

Pam said...

Fab layout, welcome to WOYWW and thanks for visitng me. Hugs Pam x

butlersabroad said...

Beautiful Lo of a beautiful pooch! Welcome to WOYWW and no pressure, my photo is often from the weekend before and I try and schedule the post too.

Hugs
Brenda #105

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Gorgeous LO and welcome to WOYWW. Hope you meet your deadline.

A.x (22)

Mandi said...

AWW its my first day too!
Fabulously neat n tidy!
Im only tidy this week cos I have lost my mojo so had a tidy uip lol

See you again
mandi xx

Amberbop said...

Oh woah, i admire your disapline! If you ever see my WOYWW's they're a catastrophe! I could never actually make myself put everything away everytime! Haha. I love the colors you're using. Happy WOYWW!!

Helen said...

Great layout, hope the cats didn't get at them!

nnalorac said...

fab LO and papers, busy desk, thanks for the snoop. nnalorac.xx62

Lothian Crafts said...

Nice and tidy desk great project.
Elaine no46

Julia Dunnit said...

Welcome to WOYWW - scheduling a post is totally allowed - I have to! Love the organised way you're working - totally get that midweek scrapping on the kitchen table forces you to be this way, but it is a good thing! That LO is going to be just right for 'Happy'.

Daniele said...

your layout looks great I so need to do more scarpbooking thanks for visiting my desk
hugs

sasa said...

WELCOME AND COME AGAIN. GREAT STUFF GOING ON - WE CAN TAKE A MESSY TABLE - SO GO MAD AND DIVE IN. HAVE FUN...



SARAH SASA 18

madebyKarla said...

Love the colors of your papers! Lovely layout you've started! ;)

Sarah Youde said...

Your layout looks lovely, the colours really pop on the white card don't they? Welcome to WOYWW - I am only 3 weeks in but it gets addictive!
Sarah #60

Wipso said...

Lovely LO. Welcome to the WOYWW madness....you will be back :-)
A x

Anneliese said...

This looks like a lovely LO that you've done ! .. hope it stayed safe from the cat :D
Welcome to WOYWW ! x

Chrissie said...

Great layout! I'm glad I don't have to tidy everything away... I just close the door on my mess!
Chrissie

Cardarian said...

Welcome to WOYWW!! We don't mind the mess, we don't mind tidyness as long as you show us what you've got! Ha, ha.....we just loooooove the snoop! Enjoy!
Hugs,
Cardarian

The Taming of the Glue said...

Welcome to WOYWW. Love the layout and colours of your page. I must try harder to get on with some scrapping but keep running out of time...probably too busy noseying around other people's desks!!! Pam (21)

Rosie said...

That's a nice happy-looking desk! Full of purposeful activity, lovely how you can lose yourself when you get busy isn't it? Looks like a great layout too!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

how nice that you could join in this week! the layout is lovely. i love the colors and patterns.

Joanne said...

You made a few right decisions there, making a page mid week, joining woyww and - keeping the pusscats at bay!!
Luv Joanne xx

Sherry said...

Your layout looks lovely and that's so funny, your crafting assistant hiding near the bottom of the picture - he must be a bit camera shy!

Sherry (117)

Morti said...

LOL - welcome to WOYWW! I take it you've bloghopped before, just not posted? You can take a pic of the empty table you know - that would be allowed methinks! Thanks for stopping by my blog #5

alexa said...

Lovely table! Just the right amount of pretty and creative things to look at and space to move and breathe as well ... Looking forward to the finished item!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to WOYWW. You will love it here and maybe find a way to use your dining room table on Tuesday night. As for visiting others, I had intended to stop by and visit anyone who left a comment, then it got me confused, so decided to go through the list instead. So intentions are not always as they seem. Again, welcome to you and your fur babies! (#1)

Sue from Oregon said...

Welcome to WOYWW! Watch out...now that you have played along once...you will become addicted LOL! Such a wonderful layout you have made!

Kay said...

welcome to WOYWW. Thanks for sharing your desk.

Traceyr said...

Lots on your table but all very neat and tidy. Wish I could say the same for mine. :)