Monday, 4 October 2010

A No.1 Girls Night Out

My first Sarah's Cards kit arrived on Friday and I couldn't wait to get stuck into it! I was really pleased with the papers, as I've had this lovely photo of my sister and my best friend for a while, but haven't had just the right papers to go with it. I based my layout on a sketch from the Sarah's Cards blog - what better way to use my new kit?!
So, here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it:


Most of the stash is from the kit so I'm not sure exactly what it all is, but the cardstock is Bazzill, the papers are Jillibean Soup and the banner stickers are Jenni Bowlin. The only thing that isn't from the kit are the large alphas, which are American Crafts Thickers. I had to alter the sketch slightly to fit the fact that I had a landscape photo rather than a portrait one, but I'm pretty pleased with the finished result - I just hope my two subjects don't mind being published!


The felt flowers are made from a loopy felt border which I've chopped up and rearranged around a central brad, and the 'No. 1' embellishment is cut from one of the patterned papers. I followed a tip from Rachael Elliott in the inspiration booklet that came with the kit, and mounted my stickers onto cardstock and then cut them out, so that I could play with their positioning before I secured them to the page. I left a cardstock outline around them all as well, which I think helps them to stand out, so thanks for that Rachael!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Great page Jules, loving the bunting! Thanks for taking part in the challenge :)
Glad the tip was helpful :)
Rachael
xx

Lelly said...

What a lovely LO and the papers go so well with your sisters hair

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful layout...perfect for that kit :)

Alix said...

nice job on the colour matching...and i love that bunting too!

Julesaroony said...

What a fabulous page. And I agree the paper and hair match perfectly lol!

Nat said...

Lovely page Jules :) thanks for playing along with us on the sketch challenge xxx

cathy said...

Gorgeous layout, what lovely autumn colours! thanx for playing!

Vanessa said...

Fab layout, the papers match beautifully with the colours in the photo. :)

Vanessa.