Saturday, 2 October 2010

Tim Holtz Techniques Workshop

I've had a lovely day today, playing with lots of lovely Tim Holtz products at a 'Tim Holtz Techniques Workshop' led by Liz at my local craft shop. Liz demonstrated loads of different techniques and then set us all off with six mini projects to complete. I ran out of time, unfortunately, and only managed to complete four of the projects.
The first was a gorgeous tag using resist techniques:
 

Silly me managed to stamp the text upside down, d'oh! I definitely need to work on my stamping technique, but even with that minor flaw I'm pretty pleased with the finished result, and will definitely be using this technique in the future.
The next project was another tag, but this time using masks and mounted on a card.

More stamping errors, but I actually quite like the effect so I'm not quite as annoyed with myself on this one!
Project three was using the Butterfly Alterations Die, the Scallop On The Edge Die and lots of Distress Stickles:

I think this is my favourite, and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I was thinking about giving it to my MIL for her birthday next month, but will probably keep the original and make another to give to her.
The last project that I managed to complete was a card using alcohol inks on metal:

Needless to say, I now have a huge shopping list which is going to cost me a small fortune, but I had a great day and loads of fun trying out new techniques  :D 

2 comments:

Debsg said...

Beautiful cards. I adore Tim's style.

misteejay said...

Lovely finished pieces.

The TH technique day at our local store was so popular earlier in the year they are holding another in November - I can't wait.

Toni :o)