Wednesday, 13 October 2010

WOYWW 71

Wow, twice in a row, I'm doing well! This week was easier, we're on holiday so that means lots of crafty time, so this is a picture of my 'desk' (aka the kitchen table) this morning. You can see that I'm managing to keep it reasonably tidy - the constant threat of a viewing on the house is enough to rein in my innate untidiness! I'm working on a mini book at the moment, following Jimjams' fantastic instructions for a mini book using just one sheet of double sided pp and one sheet of coordinating cardstock. I love the way mine has turned out, and all it needs now is to be decorated.



I took this photo from the opposite side of my work space, and from further away, so you can just see the chest of drawers in the background that serves as my craft storage at the moment. I can't wait to move house and into my own craft room! Just after I took the photo our lovely postman delivered a parcel that I've been waiting for from Sarah's Cards, and I was tempted to take a picture of all the loveliness that was inside, but then I realised that most of it is destined to be part of the layouts for my Scrapbook Magazine commission, so I can't show you! I did have a quick play with one of the contents though, and made my first grunge rose:


I'm quite pleased with my first attempt, I think the middle needs a bit of work, but I have a feeling I'll soon be churning these out by the dozen!
I hope you enjoyed your Wednesday nosy at my desk, I loved all the comments that were left last week, thank you all :D I think I managed to visit about half of the desks, and left lots of comments of my own, so if I didn't manage to get to you last week I apologise. I'm off out for the rest of the day now, but am looking forward to a good blog hop tomorrow! If you want to join in, head on over to Julia's blog to get started :D

18 comments:

sasa said...

Truly lovely rose - love the white - great job. Enjoy your day

sasa 10

Alix said...

oh i really like the roses in white...and i bet you're right...now you've started...you'll be making them by the hundred weight!!

butlersabroad said...

Beautiful rose, looks so pure in white. Good luck with the viewings too!

Hugs
Brenda 96

dandelion dreamer said...

Making the rose must have been fun. Have fun with all your writing....what fun to be paid to play!

Lou and Mel said...

Your grunge rose is fantastic and I must try to make one soon. Well done!

Helen said...

Love the work on your desk! I agree about the rose - not yours, but mine too - I find the middle piece the hardest. Maybe because it's so small!

Lothian Crafts said...

Your grunge rose is lovely look forward to seeing more of them.
Elaine no45

Mandi said...

Nothing more excting that a new box of craft goodies eh!
Fabulous rose

Until next time, have a great week
mandi xx

Minxy said...

enjoy your holiday and have lots of fun playing

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Fab rose and I think it looks perfect from here!

Have fun creating......A.xx(29)

Carola Bartz said...

Cool little mini-book and that grunge rose looks really good!

Gez said...

Oooh your rose is fabulous. I can just imagine it covered in Glossy Accents looking like a china rose. :) Have fun with your book.xx

Craftyangel said...

lovely rose jules........i've got the grunge paper and tim holtz dies (still packaging) how did you get it white????

Becky said...

Your rose is lovely :) Hope you enjoy your week off - we had last week off and it was lovely to spend lots of time scrapbooking and not feeling guilty about it!

Neet said...

must follow the link for that book - yours looks great. Love your rose, very clever.
Good luck with the viewings. #142

The Taming of the Glue said...

Enjoy your holiday and don't let viewings get in the way! Those paper roses are addictive! Pam (20)

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely rose - was it white grunge paper then? Really like the look of your mini book - will you show us more when you're finished?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Good to see you again. I told you it was addictive. Hope your holiday was fabulous, too. I was actually here earlier, but got that dreaded 503 error. Just came back to wish you a happy belated WOYWW (#2).