Sunday, 21 November 2010

Journal Your Christmas 2010

This year I'm taking back Christmas with the help of the fabulous Shimelle Laine, and her online class 'Journal Your Christmas'. The idea is to keep a holiday journal from December 1st right the way through to January 6th. Shimelle sends daily prompts by email with ideas and inspiration which you can follow to the letter, or mix up to create your own unique journal. So far it seems to be working, I haven't felt this excited for Christmas in years!
One of the biggest tips from past JYCers is to do as much preparation work as possible on your journal, so that all you have to add each day is a photo and some journalling. So, taking that advice on board I've put together 37 blank pages and 37 date tags, as well as completing my front cover:
I'm using a combination of old stash and new. The page bases are 7x5" Kraft cardstock, and the background papers are Papermania 'Home for Christmas'. The embellishments on the front page are all cut from Echo Park 'Merry Christmas' papers, the numbers are 7Gypsies rub ons, and the letters are Kars. 
For the inside pages I've alternated red and green papers, but otherwise the pages are fairly uniform. I've cut label shapes with a set of Nestabilities (Labels 1) in my Cuttlebug, and layered up kraft cardstock and patterned papers to use as date tags. These have been attached to each page, but I'm still trying to decide what to use for the numbers (suggestions welcome!).
I've left the back of each page blank - the plan is that the back of the page will be covered by a 5x7" photo for that day, leaving the facing page free for journalling and embellishment.
It's feeling a bit fat already with all the pages put together, but I'm blaming a lot of that on the paperclips! Hopefully the addition of photos will balance out with the removal of the paperclips, so it shouldn't get much bigger (she says hopefully!). Obviously the treasury tags are a temporary measure, I'm on the lookout for some big bookrings to hold it all together.
Looks like I'm in for a busy December :D

7 comments:

Debsg said...

What a great idea. I look forward to seeing its progress.

Alison said...

Love your kraft pages with the Christmassy papers - look forward to seeing how it fills up!

misteejay said...

Beautiful book - you are going to have fun filling this in.

Toni :o)

Dan said...

I love the krafty look of this, great job! :)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great album. well done on being so organised.

Jinnag said...

This si going to be a lovely album. Love what you have done so far and am looking forward to seeing some more pages.

Chiara said...

I love the glitter on the JYC