Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Shabby Photo Frame

When I bought the frame to do my sister's Hallowe'en photo frame I actually came away with two, as I couldn't decide which size to go for in the shop. When I sat down with them both at my crafting table it was instantly clear that I had to use the bigger of the two, which left me with a small frame with no home. I sat down last night with the four not quite ATCs from WOYWW 72 fully intending to turn them into a collage, but I found myself focusing on the image of the bird with a shadow, and the small frame, and the new challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show - 'Something Shabby' - and thinking how well they would work together...so after a lot of inking and distressing and throwing things together, this is what I came up with:
 I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out, especially given that I don't normally go for vintage style papers, and as a result I've had these particular ones in my stash for quite some time! So long, in fact, that I'm not entirely sure what they are, I want to say K&Co but I could be completely wrong. As for the rest of it, I've used white card, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Old Paper distress inks, cream lace, a paper doily, a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket, Tim Holtz stamps, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Woodware flower punch and cream adhesive pearls.  


7 comments:

happypapercrafter said...

Beautiful frame and love the soft, muted colours.

Jackie said...

A beautiful piece, Jules. Love the colouring.

Nancy Wethington said...

Love the shadow stamping with my favorite bird stamp! Thank for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Alix said...

oooh thats so pretty and soothing to look at :0)

Ali said...

Oh wow. That is SO pretty! Love the muted colours and the shabby, vintage feel to the whole thing. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great colors! I like the flowers and doily too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Squirrel said...

So pretty! I'm glad I've got you on my SW team LOL
Rosey x