Thursday, 30 December 2010

Snowy Scene

This layout was my submission for the Mystery Kit challenge during the last UKScrappers Cybercrop. The challenge was that you had to use the products in the kit from Angel Crafts, with the only extras being black or white ink/card/thread and any cutting tools. As soon as I saw the gorgeous snowflakes and the white mist in the kit I knew exactly how I was going to start, so I grabbed a 12x12 sheet of black card, placed the snowflakes in the top third and misted away! As that was drying I had a look at the rest of the kit, and the first thing that struck me was that there were no alphas, so decided to use this photo of Mojo taken in the snow last January to create a snowy scene. 
I layered up the gorgeous Echo Park papers, using different edging techniques on each one (punching, threading ribbon, stitching, and stickles), and then added the matted photo, the misted snowflakes and a generous scattering of blue gems. Finally I decided that the snowflake shapes on the black background weren't sharp enough, so I outlined them with a white gel pen.
I'm really pleased with this snowy scene layout, and it has been displayed in our kitchen on a mini easel as part of our Christmas decorations!
Thanks for stopping by :D

3 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous layout, love all the techniques and textures in it :)

Irini said...

Jules! love the layout especially love the snowflakes .....I have a small obsession with them LOL
thanks so much for your well wishes on my blog!
I look forward to a scrappy creative time with you over at the studio!

misteejay said...

What a lovely LO. The Mystery Kit certaily had a lovely selection of goodies.

Toni :o)