Thursday, 20 January 2011

Just The 2 Of Us

This is my take on the January Sketch Challenge over on The Sampler blog. The photo is of me and my husband on our wedding day, converted into black and white so that I could use the lovely bright papers from the The Sampler January kit. I am completely in love with this stripy Bazzill cardstock, and love the way the white letters really pop against the dark background.
Here's the sketch:
The rest of the DT have been busy creating too, have a look at their fabulous takes on the sketch:



All of the papers and embellishments are from The Sampler January Kit, with the addition of a corner rounder punch and Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.
If you feel inspired by the sketch and want to join in, then head on over to The Sampler, you could win a fantastic prize! 

10 comments:

misteejay said...

Great LO. That bazzil looks fab - will have to look out for some.

Toni :o)

Monique said...

Love your take on the sketch (beautiful photo!)!! and I agree, that black striped Bazzill is the best!

Chell said...

LO look's fab, I love black and white photo's mean you have much more scope for pattern paper's etc... Really lovely xx

Holly* said...

great take on the the sketch jules! love that black with all that color!

Amber said...

Love your LO! Just adorable! And your blog banner is so cute! My doggies are the subjects of most of my scrapping also : )
Hugs
Amber

Rochelle said...

Great job! Love the black cardstock!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great lo, love the colours with the black

Sarah said...

Love the way you layered the patterned papers. Great page!

Kazy1 said...

Fabulous layout! Great little butterflies and the lettering is lovely. Amazing cardstock too,looks super with the photo. karen

Handmade Hannah said...

Ooh I love that sketch! never entered a challenge before, but might have a go if I'm not too late! Love your take on the sketch