Friday, 14 January 2011

league of {extra}ordinary gentlemen

So, my first kit from The Sampler finally arrived, and I got stuck straight in! I love the mix of bright and vintage papers and embellishments, and the range of different options that it gives. For my first layout I decided to concentrate on the vintage options to complement this photo of my husband's friends, which was taken at our wedding. I converted the photo to sepia to give a vintage feel, and then layered up some of the papers, both over and under a stiched circle.
The lovely white American Crafts Thickers came in the kit, but I chose a title with far too many 'e's, so I had to improvise. I used some fabric AC Thickers and inked them with Antique Linen distress ink so they toned in with my colour scheme.

I made this calendar embellishment using items from the kit. I've posted a quick tutorial over on The Sampler blog if you fancy having a go at making one of your own.


10 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO - love all the tones that you have used to create the 'look'.

Toni :o)

FLUV said...

Love that layout.

Glen said...

...and a great job you have made of it too Jules. *Ü* I love the oldy worldy look about it. LOL...I have just had a 'lightbulb' moment and thought - There's no smoke without fire! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Eileen said...

Love it! All the tones work together so well, and I love the way the fonts work

Dan said...

Great LO!

Claireliz said...

Fantastic LO
C
xx

Michelle said...

Oh really lovely LO and great title!

Ali said...

Oooh that's gorgeous! I love the vintagey, sepia look to it and the thickers title looks great!

C. Camp said...

Lovely layout.:)

cannycrafter said...

The vintage feel is fabulous with that sepia photograph. Love the calendar embellishment too. CCx