Sunday, 27 February 2011

Best Mate, Chief Bridesmaid

This is my first layout with the February kit from Sarah's Cards. It's full of fabulous Glitz Design papers which I absolutely love. I'm still working my way through my wedding photos, and thought it was about time I scrapped one of my Chief Bridesmaid. I really like this sneaky shot of us which was taken by a family member, while we were busy posing for the official photographer.
There was a lovely set of Fancy Pants alphas with the kit, but I didn't think they were quite right for this layout, so I used flocked Thickers and Adornit alphas instead. I've also misted on this layout - it's the first time I've been brave enough to mist on a finished layout, rather than just using the mist on the background cardstock before I start! You can't really see it very well in the main photo, but you can see a bit in the first close up. 
I also used some Prima stamps and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
I've loosely based my layout on the February sketch from the Sarah's Cards blog.

9 comments:

sutty said...

Beautiful LO, love the flocked alpha - gorgeous colour...well done on being brave enough to spritz on a finished LO....my spritzing isn't anywhere near good enough for me to dare to do that yet :D

Kat

Handmade Hannah said...

Ooh how beautiful. Just love the colour combination and all the embellishments. Thanks for sharing :)

Carole said...

Stunning layout Jules xxxxx

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO. What a wonderful photo to have and scrap.

Toni :o)

Rachael Elliott said...

Beautiful page!!

Mini said...

Oh that's gorgeous!
Sue x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous layout, aren't the 'ones from the side photo' always seem more informal

Tracie H said...

What a beautiful page - I love Glitz products - so fun to work with:D

fatmonica said...

Beautiful layout.Love the colours and those dresses are just gorgeous!