Saturday, 5 February 2011

I Dream In Chocolate

This is one of the two layouts that I have in the current issue of Scrapbook Magazine - apologies for the poor photos, but I realised I hadn't taken any photos as I was packing them up to be posted off, so quickly snapped a few. 
When Lindsey asked me to create two layouts for the magazine based on the theme 'Naughty but Nice' I knew one of them had to be about our wedding cake! Neither of us like fruit cake, so we always knew that our wedding cake wasn't going to be traditional. I'm addicted to Maltesers, so the idea of a mountain of them was very appealing, and between us our lovely cake maker and I came up with the idea of a four tier chocolate cake covered in Maltesers! I think she did a brilliant job and I was so pleased with the end result - it got a lot of comments on the day :D 

I made a lot of the accessories for the wedding, including the seating plan, the table menus, favours, jewellery and bouquets; and it's my bouquet that you can see next to the cake in the photo :D I was also lucky enough to have my wedding dress made for me, and I used some of the offcuts of material in this layout to give a rich feel. 

6 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO - great cake.

Toni :o)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

mmmm yumm both at the cake and the lo :)

Valerie said...

What a great cake Jules - I think in the U.S. we call that candy Whoppers. Fantastic - and your layout is beautiful. Congrats on the pub!

C. Camp said...

Mmm I am hungry now. Lovely layout.

Kaz said...

Yum Yum.....looks gorgeous and I so love the roses too xx
kazx

Kazy1 said...

Oh I saw that in the magazine and was amazed at the cake!! The layout is lovely too, very sophisticated colours and details. Karen x