It was my Mum's birthday recently, and after much discussion about suitable presents, I eventually bought tickets for us both to attend a 'Tim Holtz Style Tag Book' workshop at our local craft shop, and I'm so glad I did! We both had a great time getting into an inky, painty mess, and came away with some great tags and new techniques to try on future projects. We both decided to keep our tags as tags, rather than bind them into a tag book, but I want to turn mine into a display somehow, so they don't end up lost in the bottom of a box - if anyone has any ideas please shout!
Tag 1 'Tag Art' - applying ink to a craft mat and using the tag to lift the ink to create a multicoloured background. This didn't work quite as well as I wanted it to so I went over the whole tag with fired brick distress ink afterward. The words were stamped with black archival ink.
Tag 2 'in dreams' - this used two shades of distress ink in the background, which were then stamped over using water to lift some of the ink. Then the design was added with other stamps using distress ink and black archival ink.
Tag 3 'The Journey' - we played with crackle paint on this one, but there was only one colour available - I think a lighter colour would have worked better but never mind. The background was inked with distress inks and stamped with a background stamp, and the detail was added with black archival ink.
Tag 4 'Start & Ending' - The background for this one was created with acrylic paint, the patterns were stamped with versamark and covered with perfect pearls, and detail was added with black archival ink. The lines were created using the edge of a credit card dipped in paint.
Tag 5 'Numbers' - The background was created with distress inks, and patterns stamped with darker shades of ink. The text was stamped in black archival ink and then two of the words were highlighted with doodling and glossy accents.
Tag 6 'Live the life' - Distress ink background again with a background stamp over, details in black achival ink, then a fern shaped mask was laid over the tag and it was misted with a shimmer mist. The smaller tag was created in the same way and fixed on with a brad.