Sunday, 20 February 2011

One Happy Puppy

This week's Sunday Challenge at The Studio is to create a layout using frames.
Frames! Use a frame of some kind on your page. Frame your picture or your whole layout, just get a frame or two on there! 
I used Fancy Pants papers and stickers from my January kit from Sarah's Cards, a Tim Holtz flourish stamp and Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas. The frame is around the main photo, and is a clear acrylic shape by Fancy Pants which I've run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder - it's not that easy to see in the main layout pic, but if you have a look at the close up shots you can see it's there! I took these photos indoors and it's so hard to get the lighting right at this time of year.
I took loads of photos of Mojo in the river on this particular walk, and I knew I wanted to use more than one on my page. I don't do a lot of multi photo layouts, so I needed some inspiration. I was really pleased when I spotted this sketch over at Sketchy Thursdays - it was perfect!

13 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great take on the sketch, and a beautiful lo :)

Alix said...

oh great sketch and i love what you've done with it :)

Claireliz said...

Lovely Lo & great sketch
C
xx

Mini said...

Super page from a super sketch!
Sue x

misteejay said...

What a super LO - lovely choice of colours and such great photos.

Toni :o)

Handmade Hannah said...

A really lovely layout. I didn't know you could run acrylic through a Cuttlebug - these blogs are so educational! Thanks for sharing! I really like the Studio Challenges and especially this Sunday's one.

Nat said...

Lovely page :) Love your diary in the last post too :) xx

Jenny said...

Really love your LO. Great tip about running acrylic through cuttlebug.x

Kazy1 said...

What a super layout...love the multiple photos and really love your dog! just blogged a L/O of mine too...not swimming tho'...just digging!
Karen x

sutty said...

Great LO, love the embossed acrylic and the felt bits and corrugated alpha...all sooo lovely.

TFS

Kat

Hannah said...

Lovely LO and a great version of the sketch :) Love the colour scheme
Hannah

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this Jules! I love love love those photos, the colors...and loving the title work! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

Love the dark background! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week, come play again!!