Thursday, 17 March 2011

Adventures in Crochet

Some time ago now I used some Kaisercraft crochet flowers on a couple of layouts (one is here), although at the time I didn't know they were Kaisercraft. The lovely Toni left me a comment on one of the posts suggesting that I had a go at making my own, but since I haven't knitted anything since I was a child and have never learned to crochet, I didn't take up her suggestion.
Then, not so long ago, I saw this post on Julia's blog, reviewing a book on how to crochet.  So I took the plunge, ordered the book, enlisted the help of my friend Carrina, and learned to crochet!
These flowers are part of a bigger pattern for a bag, but I thought I'd start small :D 
I'm really pleased with my first attempt, and am finding it strangely addictive! I've already started on my second project, which is project bag from another pattern from the book. So far I've got a base and a side, and am half way through the second side. Just the back, front, pockets and handles to do!

7 comments:

C. Camp said...

I have tried crochet, but couldn't quite get the hang of it. These are lovely, well done.

Handmade Hannah said...

Wow these are fab! Thanks for sharing them. Might try some crochet myself now you have inspired me! :)

Claireliz said...

Those are fab, really must try crochet again, only done it once but it grows so quick compared to knitting
C
xx

Ren said...

Really like these, look quite hard to do, not something i've ever tried,

misteejay said...

Oh well done you...these are beautiful and because you made them you can make them any size you want to suit any project you have on the go.

I'm so glad you decided to have a go - the results are fabulous.

Toni xx

Jenny said...

They look fab, I haven't ever tried crochet x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

well done they look great