Thursday, 14 April 2011

Always So Happy

I love trying out new ideas and techniques, and have seen some fabulous layouts recently using mists. I've had a bit of a play with mists, but haven't really used them to their full potential yet I don't think. So I thought I'd push myself out of my comfort zone, and challenged myself to do a layout with no patterned paper but lots of misting. 

I used some old Basic Grey alpha stickers for my title, which I stuck onto the white cardstock and misted over with Dylusions Spray Ink. Once the mist had dried I peeled off the stickers and outlined the shapes with a black journaling pen. 
I used three big photos to form the focal point for the page, and then added interest with rub ons and doodling. I also added some Pink Paislee artisan tape and Cosmo Cricket alpha stickers. 
I punched the butterfly shapes with my Martha Stewart punch, doodled on them and then stitched them to the page. The butterfly trails are a stamp, aren't they cute?!
The finished layout is very different from my usual style, and I like it, but then I don't at the same time... what do you think?

11 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh I am liking your layout. Ihavent got any mists yet but a dying to have a go

oneoff said...

Definitely sunny and happy, especically with Mojo's big grin!

Bx

C. Camp said...

I really like that, it is quite stylistic and the mist work really well. The butterfly trails are really effective as they anchor them on the page.

Jenny said...

Your very brave to try a different style. I like it because the black pen gives it a graphic style and the mist gives it that bit of colour too and makes the red pop.
Jenny x

misteejay said...

Very effective - love those little houses.

Toni :o)

Hannah said...

I like it, in fact I love it, love the bright and cheerful colours, the rub-ons and the misting looks fab :)
Well done for trying a new style, it's worked really well :)

Elaina said...

Really lovely LO, the misting is very effective and you have a beautiful dog.

alexa said...

I think it looks wonderful! Love the way you've done the lettering ...

Bubbles said...

Definitely "LIKING" for this layout :)
I have a ton of glimmer mists.... and all I ever seem to do is spray my handmade flowers with them - bit of a waste really, it seems :( I WILL get braver, and start to use them more.... one day :)

Monique said...

Not only like it, but love it!!! You should play some more with your glimmer mists!! I'm trying to use them more too, but like you find it still rather different.

Alix said...

i love this...you've taken this technique and totally rocked it!!! :)