Sunday, 24 April 2011

Canvas for Alana

I thought I'd share an altered canvas that I made to go in my friend's little girl's room. I made it to match an altered item that was a commission for Scrapbook Magazine, which is also destined for Alana's room. The canvas is 12"x12" and covered with a single sheet of paper from the Basic Grey 'Hopscotch' collection. The large butterfly is one page from a Maya Road chipboard book which is covered in paper from the same collection. I then went to town with the sheet of cardstock stickers that came with the collection pack, a brown American Crafts journaling pen and some Woodware chipboard alphas.

My friend was pretty pleased with the canvas, so I hope she likes the altered item just as much! She hasn't seen it yet - it will be in the next issue (55), and then will go to her once I get it back from SBM, so fingers crossed!

8 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Jules this is gorgeous - I am sure she will be thrilled to receive this! Ann x

curlyqmosaics said...

This is so cute, I love the colors!

Sue said...

she will love it!

misteejay said...

What pretty colours - really lovely piece Jules.

Toni :o)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful work, love all the little details.

Jenny said...

A beautiful canvas, love the papers you've used too and the doodling around the letters :)
Jenny x

Claireliz said...

Beautiful canvas, I'm sure she'll love it.
C
xx

Lisa-Jane said...

This is lovely, I never think of using my scrapbook pages as art. Looking forward to seeing the matching item in the magazine.