Thursday, 28 April 2011

'CRAFT' banner

When my latest parcel came through the door from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden, I was immediately drawn to the Tando Creative chipboard banner. I knew that the Crate Paper 'Portrait' papers that she had included would be perfect to make a banner to hang on the wall in my new craft room. 
In its raw form the banner is in 10 separate pieces, five scalloped banner pieces and five straight banner pieces. I painted the scalloped pieces with acrylic paint, choosing bright colours that toned in with the Portrait papers, and then covered the straight pieces with five of the papers. Once the paint had dried I adhered the straight pieces on top of the scalloped pieces.  
















I decided that as I was hanging the banner in my new craft room, then 'craft' was an appropriate thing for it to say! I used Scenic Route chipboard letters as they were nice and big, and inked them with dark brown chalk ink. I then embellished each of the banner pieces using the Crate Paper 'Portrait' collection 'Phrases' and 'Border' stickers, a Tando Creative chipboard bird, Prima paper flower, Pebbles metal flower, a Tim Holtz memo pin and Adage ticket, and of course one of my handmade crochet flowers!











I can't wait to move house so I can actually hang this on the wall :D

7 comments:

helena said...

love it, great idea to use the scalopped pieces behind the straight ones. i have 'create' on my craft space wall in several formats

The Scrapbook Garden said...

I love this Jules. Every craft room should have one. Thanks for creating this. Ann x

Irini said...

Very cute banner!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

Love all the layering and texture. What a great use for this!

Claireliz said...

Love your banner, it's fab.
C
xx

misteejay said...

Jules, that is really lovely - great project.

Toni :o)

Beverly said...

LOVE the banner, you have inspired me to make one with the word GLORIOUS for my studio :) Thanks for sharing!