Saturday, 30 April 2011

Gorgeous Girl

I really love it when manufacturers make collections with papers that tone beautifully, but can also be used to create layouts that look completely different. You wouldn't think that the layout below used papers from the same collection as this layout - but it does! I'm still working my way through the latest parcel of loveliness sent to me by Ann at The Scrapbook Garden, which included the Crate Paper 'Portrait' collection. 

















My parcel from Ann also included the Tando Creative chipboard banner which I've covered with one of the Portrait papers. The stamp which I've used with black archival ink on the banner, and white acrylic paint (I used a Ranger paint dabber) on the background cardstock is by Autumn Leaves and is also from The Scrapbook Garden, as is the gorgeous scalloped cardstock - I absolutely love that yellow. 











I added some American Crafts Thickers for my title, as well as Adornit alpha stickers. The memories transparency and black applique flower are from the April Sarah's Cards kit (both are in the embellishment add on). The butterflies are punched with my trusty Martha Stewart punch - you're not surprised though, are you?! I can't seem to make a layout these days without a butterfly on it somewhere!










I love this shot of Mojo - I know it's not technically perfect but I love the way the sun is shining on her face, showing off her lovely glossy coat. As the journaling says, I know I'm biased, but I really do think she's gorgeous!

9 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great page :) liking the zing of yellow

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Gorgeous girl, gorgeous layout. I think the Bazzill scalloped cardstock makes the whole layout just 'pop'. Ann x

Claireliz said...

Love the layout & your pooch
C
xx

Lisa-Jane said...

This is a beautiful colour scheme!

beccaf1970 said...

Beautiful layout, and Mojo is gorgeous! I love the black accents, the naked chipboard title, and of course, the butterflies!

Jenny said...

the black red and yellow are amazing together.
Yep these pads mix up some unusual combos don't they. Lovely photo of Mojo, she knows how photogenic she is doesn't she.
Jenny x

Dezinaworld said...

Ohhh you are a clever cookie, how fabulous this is, its simply gorgeous ... love the colours and love the doggy too
Hugs June x

Sarah Elizabeth said...

This layout is great. I love how the colours work so well and complement the photo

misteejay said...

What a super photo and the LO shows it off beautifully.

Toni :o)