Monday, 4 April 2011

'Love' card

I was so pleased when Ann asked me to be part of The Scrapbook Garden Design Team, and I was chuffed to bits with the first box of yummy goodness that she sent me! The box contained some gorgeous Echo Park 'For the Record' papers and the alpha sticker sheet from the same range, coordinating cardstock, some Prima alterable blooms and lots of lovely Tando Creative chipboard. The kit arrived just in time to make my first project a Mothers Day card, so I created this for my Mum:
I made a card blank from Kraft cardstock, and added pieces of the Echo Park paper to make the background. I inked all around the edges of the paper with 'Wheat' VersaMagic chalk ink before adhering them to the card blank. I then added a strip of cream lace to cover the join. I cut the butterfly from some of the Echo park paper with my Cuttlebug and inked the edges, and added pearls to finish before adhering it to the card. I finished off with a crocheted flower, and a Tim Holtz Adage Ticket held on with a Memo Pin. 
I'm really pleased with the crocheted flower, I used a smaller hook and finer yarn than in my first attempts, which has resulted in a smaller, tighter bloom which is a much better size for cards or layouts.
Thanks for stopping by! Check out The Scrapbook Garden blog for more projects from the rest of the DT.

10 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thank you for creating this beautiful card as part of The Scrapbook Garden DT. Ann x

Handmade Hannah said...

Beautiful card! Love the crochet flower and the ticket. Very creative. Thanks for sharing :)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

That is gorgeous

Francy said...

wow I love all of this card:
the color, the butterfly and the gorgeous flowers.
Francy

curlyqmosaics said...

This card is fabulous! LOVE the crocheted flower you made, it makes the card that much more special! I know your mom will LOVE it! :)

Jaqi said...

Its a great card Jules bet youre Mum was over the moon with it. The flower is gorgeous but i adore the butterfly and the lace , that butterfly looks as though its about to take flight. Well done :-)

misteejay said...

Lovely card and that flower is fab.

Toni xx

Jenny said...

Fab card and I love the crochet flower.
Jennie X

Carrina said...

Oh wow Jules I love it! xxx

Julia Smith said...

Really liking your crocheted flowers, they are gorgeous!