Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Photo Frame

I used the leftovers from the Echo Park 'For The Record' papers and more of the Tando Creative chipboard from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden to create this altered photo frame. The frame is a gift for a relative who was unable to attend our wedding last summer - my parents are visiting her at the moment so I thought I'd send this along with them.
I loved using the neutral paper as a background and then adding a splash of colour by covering the Tando Creative chipboard bird and butterfly with one of the brighter patterns from the 'For The Record' collection. I added the lace across the bottom, and what seems to be turning into my trademark crochet flower! The relative in question has crocheted all her life, so I hope she's pleased that the craft is being continued in the family :D
Thanks for stopping by! Head on over to The Scrapbook Garden blog to see what the rest of the DT have been up to.

14 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo frame with us. Ann x

Francy said...

This Photo frame is gorgeous. Wonderful the flower lace.
Francy

Wendy said...

This is a lovely project, I really love the crochet flower, keep meaning to try to make one of these, thanks for sharing

Jaqi said...

Its made a fab pressy Jules and I love the way you have co-ordinated the bird and the butterfly , thanks for sharing :-)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful work

Glen said...

I love that black and white paper Jules... and the bird in the cage. A very creative project. TFS. ~Glen~

Sue said...

really pretty

Ali said...

That's lovely - and so's the photo! :)

I wish I had your talent for crocheting... I suck at fabric crafts. Sewing on a LO is about as much as I can manage! :lol:

Ali

Jenny said...

Gorgeous gift and I love the mix of neutral and colours too.
Jenny x

sutty said...

Lovely frame, love the papers and fab photo and gift. The crochet flower is gorgeous....my crocheting isn't that good, but I did find some patterns on the web and have spoken to my Mum really nicely about making me some and showing me how to make some :)

misteejay said...

Beautiful project Jules. I love your crochet flowers.

Toni :o)

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Jules. Just saw this at the SG blog. Love what you did with this frame its gorgeous. beautiful work
hugs June xxxxx

Julia Smith said...

The crocheted flower really works well and I love how you covered those chipboard elements, gorgeous!

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous photo frame, love it.
C
xx