Sunday, 10 April 2011

Picture of Contentment

This is my second layout with the Echo Park 'For The Record' papers sent to me by Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. It's very unusual for me to get a reasonably sharp photo of Leela, as she hates to have her photo taken and moves away which blurs the shot. I love this one of her relaxing on our spare bed.
I used three of the Echo Park papers, and alphas and a border from the sticker sheet. I decided to keep the Tando Creative butterflies white, but I added a layer of Glossy Accents to make them shine. I also added Thickers and an SRM sticker.
I used Shimelle's sketch of the week again for this layout, I love how sketches make layouts that much easier to pull together, I did this one in about half an hour, which probably makes it the fastest layout I've ever made!
scrapbooking sketch

13 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO - the colours in the photo really pop from the mainly B&W background - lovely.

Toni :o)

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love this lo Jules! Thank you for creating it for The Scrapbook Garden. Ann x

Nadia Cannizzo said...

So cute! Love it!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful layout the black background really makes the layout stand out!

Glen said...

Ooo...I like this layout Jules...a lot! *Ü* Cute photos of your pampered pets below too. TFS. ~Glen~

C. Camp said...

Lovely layout Jules, the picture is so cute. :)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great lo purrfect title

Jaqi said...

Lovely layout Jules , cute kitty. those papers are fab, and you have used them so well.
Ive not once worked from a sketch, maybe I should give it a go. Thanks for sharing

Jenny said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and I like the way you've overlapped the lettering.
Jennie X

Claireliz said...

Fantastic layout :D
C
xx

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love the colours and your interpretation of the sketch

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous kitty Cat! Love the colours you've used too.
My CallieCat always seems to move just as I'm taking a photograph of her - though before the camera appears she'd have been lazing in the same spot for hours! lol.

Julia Smith said...

The mix of colours in those papers really do work so well together, love the layout and your cat is to die for!