Thursday, 21 April 2011

That's Captain Seagull To You

This is my latest layout for The Scrapbook Garden. Ann sent me the gorgeous Crate Paper 'Portrait' collection, along with a pack of 'phrases' cardstock stickers. I decided to use a photo that was taken last summer - DH and I were sat enjoying a drink in Helston harbour when we spotted this seagull perched on the prow of the boat. He looked so proud just sat there, and we could just imagine him with a captain's hat and jacket on. What you can't really make out in the photo are three other seagulls in the bottom of the boat - obviously his crew!






















I based this layout on the April sketch from the Crate Paper blog. I turned it on its side, and used two photos instead of three, but I think you can see it!
April
I used one of the phrases cardstock stickers to frame my title - I cut out the centre of it which said 'just married' as it wasn't appropriate to my layout. I used two lots of October Afternoon cardstock alpha stickers, and the tiny alpha stickers are Adornit. 

I chopped up another sticker to frame my journaling, using the top and bottom pieces. The middle bit didn't go to waste though, as I've used that in the bottom corner of my layout, as the bottom layer of the butterfly embellishment. The butterflies were punched from offcuts of the patterned papers using my Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and embellished with small pearls. I also used a Martha Stewart border punch on one of the strips of patterned paper.
Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your LO is stunning!! The papers and details you have done are gorgeous x

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

Love this! Love the way the journalling is framed and the butterfly just sets it off perfectly. Becky x

Claireliz said...

Fantastic layout Jules, great story too.
C
xx

Sue said...

Lovely memories fab layout.

Colleen said...

Fun layout and love how you used the sketch. Great with the added pics of details too!

misteejay said...

Great LO Jules

...do you think he would go down with his ship though? LOL

Toni :o)

Linda said...

Love this! I love your blog, so simple but classy. I like theway you've set out the photos in this post:) Just popping in from Shimelle's class.

C. Camp said...

Great layout, love the title goes so well with the photo. What a great way to remember the moment.

Cheri said...

Great layout - love the title.

fatmonica said...

Great photos and a lovely layout too.

Cheryl McCain said...

Great job with the sketch. Lovely layout and loved your intro!

Amy said...

Great job on capturing the details :-)

Julia Smith said...

Fabulous photo so classic, fab!!! Love the layout you used and double photo. Julia.x

Monique said...

What a fab layout! and such cute photos!! Love Crate paper too and actually did this same challenge (didn't post it on my blog yet though).

Lisa-Jane said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and I agree you wouldn't know the papers were the same as the Gorgeous Girl layout.