Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Always So Full Of Laughter

In celebration of Scrapbooking Day last Saturday, Shimelle had a series of challenges on her blog. As it was also the last day of scrapping that I had before my craft stuff was all boxed up in preparation for our house move I thought I'd join in! This layout is for the first challenge, which was to use a patterned paper background. If you've been following my blog for a while (thank you if you have!) then you'll probably realise that this was a tough challenge for me, as I tend to go for plain cardstock backgrounds. 

















I went for a combination of Glitz Design 'Love Nest' papers, and Crate Paper 'Restoration' border and phrases stickers to build my layout. I've scraplifted Shimelle's layout from the challenge, just to ease myself in gently! I used the polka dot pattern for my background, as it's patterned, but not so patterned that I was scared to use it! 










I kept the layout quite clean and simple, without too much embellishment, which I think works against the patterned background. I generally prefer lots of embellishments on a page these days, but I thought that it would be too much with all the patterns. I used alphas from Fancy Pants and Thickers, and my trusty butterfly punch. The flowers were from a past Sarah's Cards kit so I'm not sure what they are, ditto with the small alpha stickers - in fact, does anyone recognise them? They came on a small sheet, with lower case at the top and upper case at the bottom. I really like them, and can see myself wanting some more when they run out, so could really do with knowing what they are! If you know, leave me a comment, I'll be very grateful :D

5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely LO, hope the move goes well :)

Lorraine said...

You've been busy!

misteejay said...

Great LO - your subject certainly knows how to smile for the camera.

Toni xx

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

Don't what the alphas are, sorry, but just wanted to say that I love your layout and the dotty background really works. Becky x

Jenny said...

Fab LO, it's good to step outside your normal comfort zone occasionally...love the spotty paper as a background:)
Good luck with the house move:)
Jenny x