Sunday, 8 May 2011

Escape to the Country

I just can't get enough of Crate Paper at the moment! Here's another layout for The Scrapbook Garden using the Portrait collection. These papers are so versatile, even though this is my fourth layout using the same collection, I don't feel like I'm repeating myself at all. 
I used a photo that I took of a gorgeous row of cottages for this one - whenever we go to visit my DH's parents we take the dogs for a walk (they've got a Jack Russell). They live in a fairly rural area, so the walk is through some gorgeous countryside, and then completely in the middle of nowhere you come across these lovely houses!

















I used white cardstock which I aged with Antique Linen Distress Ink, before layering patterned papers, borders and phrases stickers from the Portrait collection. I've also used a Maya Road chipboard frame to highlight the title and create an embellishement, and a bingo number.









The title is made up of Thickers, Sassafras Lass chipboard alphas, and Adornit alpha stickers. I've also used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. For a change. 

I used sketch #79 from Let's Capture Those Sketches for this layout. Have you got a favourite collection that you can't seem to stop creating with? I'd love to know! 



10 comments:

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Jules. :D
C
xx

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules.

Toni xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous Layout. Not sure about fav collection but colours . I seem to love buying ( not always using !) Lemons and turquoise shades.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the details on this, the embellies and the colours. Simply stunning. Well done...xoxo Nadia

Jenny said...

Love your page Jules and what a great photo of the cottages. I love most things Cosmo Cricket do but love anything with natural colour tones too :)
Jenny x

Hannah said...

Great LO, love the combination of papers you've used and I always love looking at the ways you combine your journalling onto the LO, very inspirational, thanks :)

Handmade Hannah said...

Lovely layout - all of the papers, embellishments work so well together. Thanks for sharing :)

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous! I haven't got a favourite collection I use with 12x12 layouts yet (gcd Paris Nights is a fave for minibooks though)... but then, I haven't recieved my BoBunny Timepiece collection yet (can't wait! *lol*)

airing cupboard crafts said...

I love this LO it's gorgeous x

Jaqi said...

Stunning layout , its so delicious I cant stop looking at it, well done its gorgeous