Tuesday, 24 May 2011

My Cutie

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying creating with the May kit from The Sampler - the colours are just delicious and tone together so well. This layout came together so easily and I'm really pleased with it.

















I adore the fabric frames, and chopped one in half for this layout, to stretch that lovely purple colour even further. I added some white fabric flowers from Precocious Paper, but everything else on the layout is from the kit. I chopped a couple of the stems from the Prima spray and tucked them into the bottom flower to add a pop of colour.











The alphas that came with the kit were lovely fabric Thickers, in white with yellow detail, but they didn't really go with my layout as they were, so I altered some using Charcoal chalk ink.











I managed to have a rummage in the top of one of my packing boxes, and dug out a Tando Creative mask and some Cosmic Shimmer mist. Unfortunately the colour is just a little too pale and doesn't really show up on the layout. I think I was a bit heavy handed in my desire to make it show up, and managed to crinkle the background card. Add that to bumpy walls in the new house and my layout hasn't really photographed very well. I'll have to find a better spot!

7 comments:

Sian said...

I love the texture you have going on in this layout. fab.

Glen said...

Lovely layout Jules. Your Mojo is a cute dog but I'm still not having another....no I am NOT! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules

Those flowers are fab

Toni xx

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

Great layout, love the flowers and the frames. Becky x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful lo, loving the blossoms

Michelle said...

That flower is stunning and makes the Lo look special!

Claireliz said...

It's gorgeous Jules, really lovely.
C
xx