Friday, 20 May 2011

{play}

It's sketch time at The Sampler again! The May sketch is lovely, I really enjoyed working with this one - although that could also be because I haven't done any scrapping for over a week so it helped to calm my withdrawal symptoms!
After a couple of unfortunate delays, my May kit finally arrived last Thursday - the day before we moved house! So I had to, very reluctantly, put it to one side and concentrate on packing up and moving the rest of the house. The last few days have been a whirlwind of sorting and unpacking, with a bit of diy thrown in, so I've had no time (or space!) for scrapping. Finally though I managed to clear a portion of the coffee table and sat down last night with my May kit, a parcel that had arrived from Precocious Paper on the same day, and my emergency tool kit. So this layout was completed with rather limited supplies!








I love the colours in the May kit, and picked out the blues and lemons to complement this photo of Donnie playing with his favourite toy. The journaling reads 'forget expensive cat toys - give Donnie a pair of plastic ear plugs on a string and he's the happiest cat in the world!'
All my punches are still packed away, which meant I couldn't create the detailed edge that I wanted to, so I cheated a little by choosing a sheet of patterned paper from the kit that already had printed detail around the edge. The only bit of the layout that isn't from the May kit is the large flower, which is from Precocious Paper.














I've got some wallpaper stripping, painting and flooring to sort out, and a trip to Ikea to organise, before my craft room will be up and running and I can scrap to my heart's content! In the meantime I'll just have to grab my scrappy time when I can, and will hopefully be able to share some more layouts with the May kit very soon :D
If you want to join in with the May sketch challenge, head over to Holly's blog and link up your take on the sketch - she's giving away a whole May kit!

7 comments:

Hannah said...

A great layout, love it, and what an amazing job with only limited supplies at hand, I don't think I could do that. I love the colours, that background paper is gorgeous :)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great layout :)

Jenny said...

Lovely LO, gorgeous colours. So impressed your scrapping so soon after moving :)
Jenny x

misteejay said...

I agree the colours on this are super - hope you get sorted and settled in your new home quickly so you can craft to your hearts content.

Toni xx

Rochelle said...

wonderful layout!

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous LO Jules, love the colours.
C
xx

Bubbles said...

My cat has annihilated several pairs of earphones like this *lol* Cute picture... and fabulous layout!
"May your decorating soon be done, so you may indulge in new-home fun!"
Whatever 'new home fun' may be *lol*