Friday, 10 June 2011

10 Things... I Love About Summer

Shimelle has launched a new feature on her blog today, called 10 Things. The idea is to blog about 10 things on the 10th of the month, so I thought I'd give it a go! I decided to take '10 things' as the inspiration for a layout, and this is what I came up with:
I've had this photo for a while, in my 'waiting to scrap' pile, but haven't found quite the right papers and embellishments to go with it - then I got the June kit from The Sampler and there it was! Perfect :D
I've used one of the Crate Paper accents as a journaling card to list the 10 things I love most about summer.
1. feeling happy in the sunshine
2. lighter mornings and evenings
3. beautiful summer blossoms
4. spending more time outdoors
5. the smell of freshly mown grass
6. paddling in the sea
7. eating al fresco
8. blue skies
9. festivals
10. warm weather 

I was playing about with different angles, and thought I'd include this shot (even though it's a bit dark) as it shows the fabulous dimension in the pleated ribbon and the crochet flowers. I've finally managed to find a spot inside the house which is ideal for photographing layouts, so I'm happy again!
Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to link your 10 Things post up to Shimelle's!

16 comments:

Hannah said...

A gorgeous LO, I really love it, those crochet flowers are just beautiful and the papers suit the photo excellently :)

Dan said...

Great LO, I love all the textures and layers!

Diane said...

I love all these things about summer too...shame its winter here in Australia!!

Ali said...

lovely and summery, and so much dimension

The Scrapbook Garden said...

So, so pretty Jules - lovely! Ann x

Ruth said...

Lovely, very pretty, especially the crochet flowers.

Connie said...

the layout is beautiful~love your list!!

Wanda said...

What a lovely LO. As a digital scrapper, I find myself being envious of the dimension that paper scrapping provides--but not envious enough to convert to paper. Happy scrapping!

vixen said...

Gorgeous LO, love your list :)

Photographing Mom said...

Totally agree with your list! Beautiful layout.

Tracy said...

Lovely layout and your list sounds very summery, lol. Unfortunately it is winter here and miserable at the moment.

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules - love the colours you have chosen.

Toni xx

Rebekah said...

After reading Fancy Nancy books, my daughter loves to ask to eat "al fresco" now! Love your list and that you even got it all documented on a fun, creative layout!

Sherry C said...

Love your summer list and your layout is fabulous!

furrypig said...

that is a beautiul layout, the colours and flowers are gorgeous. I have subscribed to your blog as it is great!

photosglitterglue said...

I love the colors of your layout! These are the best things about summer!