Friday, 24 June 2011

It's a Love Thing

This is my latest layout from the June Sampler kit. When I saw the paintable canvas word from Prima I knew I wanted to do something a bit different with it, and a layout about my beloved car seemed ideal!I spritzed the canvas with some copper mist to add a bit of detail, and added some of the Crate Paper alpha stickers to complete the title.
I punched some butterflies out of the gorgeous American Crafts glitter cardstock, and layered them on the Crate Paper buttons and the crochet flower.
 The journaling reads "love between a girl and her car...meet Delilah, my marvelous Mini. Is it really possible to love an inanimate object, a lump of metal, a mere machine? I think so."

9 comments:

Sandra said...

You come up with just the best titles :) it's really fabulous

vixen said...

Lovely layout, love all the blue its my favourite colour :)

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your sketch is gorgeous - the sketch, colours and your attention to detail x x

Sue said...

Gorgeous! Did you crochet that flower yourself?

misteejay said...

Fab LO Jules. Why shouldn't a girl love her car...mine gives me so much freedom I'd be lost without it.

Toni xx

Alix said...

oh i get it...i don't have a car...but i fall in love with shoes all the time!!

Bubbles said...

Hahaha... laughing here because Delilah is my dogs middle name.
Beautiful layout (as always expected *lol*)... and what an adorable (and very well-looked after) little car.

Jenny said...

Great subject to scrap Jules, love the background paper and the glittery letters:)
Jenny x

Hannah said...

Great layout, and what a fun subject to scrap, that canvas alpha is aborable, off to find that now :)