Saturday, 25 June 2011

Little Miss Chuckles

This is my final layout using the Basic Grey 'Hello Luscious' papers from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. I wanted to show how 6x6 papers can be made to look bigger by putting them next to each other and then hiding the join.
First I painted on the cardstock using an acrylic paint dabber and some bubble wrap. Then I cut two strips of equal height from one of the plain papers, trimmed one to about half the width and adhered them side by side on the page. Next I took a coordinating pattern and did the same. I hid the join in the plain paper by layering the photo over the top. I wanted the patterned paper to show below the photo, so I put the join to the right of the photo and covered it with the Sassafras Lass foldie.

Finally I added the Kaisercraft rubon to the photo, and the title over the foldie. The alphas are Adornit and Fancy Pants stickers and Thickers.
I used Pencil Lines sketch 240 for this layout.

10 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Lovely dog, lovely layout! Ann x

Helen T said...

What a lovely smile :

vixen said...

fab take on the sketch and love the photo :)

Wendy said...

I love the way you have the quote on the photo itself! Nice joining of the papers too :-)

misteejay said...

Mojo really is a happy looking dog - beautiful LO Jules.

Toni xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous Layout. I Love playing with paints and bubble wrap

Debsg said...

Gorgeous LO and a fabulous sentiment.

Pam said...

I love buying 6x6 packs-a very economical way to scrap-and hiding the joins makes them look like 12x12. Love your LO!

Sandra said...

Oh it's just so so gorgeous. I really like 6x6 pads, they're perfect for everything.

-Agnes- said...

The bubble wrap is a really good fit here ... cheerful layout!