Friday, 3 June 2011

'LOVE' canvas

There are certain people who are very hard to buy gifts for - you know the ones, the people who always have you scratching your head at Christmas, and whenever birthdays roll around. My friend Rachel is one of those people, I've known her for years and exhausted my list of present ideas a long time ago! I don't want to end up stuck in the rut of buying her similar presents every time, so this year I thought I'd venture down the handmade route. She was my Chief Bridesmaid at our wedding last summer, and our photographer took this lovely picture of her and her husband. I decided to do a canvas that she can hang on her wall, and went to town with acrylic paint, Cosmic Shimmer mist, Basic Grey and 7Gypsies rub ons, a Prima felt flower, a Fancy Pants acrylic word, some ribbon trim and the Cuttlebug butterfly die and Martha Stewart butterfly punch.










I also added one of my handmade crochet flowers, and layered up with a couple of paper flowers, a brad and a rub on. I hope she likes it!




14 comments:

Sue said...

Flipping Gorgeous. I keep seeing other bits i like each time i look.

The Scrapbook Garden said...

You are so inspirational Jules - this is BEAUTIFUL! Ann x

misteejay said...

Gosh, this is so lovely - what a beautiful gift.

Toni xx

Debsg said...

Gorgeous LO.

fatmonica said...

Stunning!I'm sure she'll absolutely treasure it.

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

This is lovely and such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure she'll treasure it. Becky x

Holly* said...

beautiful canvas!

Beverly said...

She will be thrilled when she opens this gift, gorgeous!

Ali said...

Wow, really beautiful, and an amazing present, love it.

Claireliz said...

Lovely canvas, really beautiful.
C
xx

Emy said...

Beautiful canvas - such a lovely thoughtful gift :)

curlyqmosaics said...

This canvas you made for your friend is fabulous! I know she will love it! What a perfect gift! I adore all the details you put on there...the paint, the crocheted flower, and all the rub-ons. Love it!

Jenny said...

This is gorgeous Jules and such a perfect gift, I would love such an idea.
Jenny x

photosglitterglue said...

What an awesome gift!! I love it!