Thursday, 30 June 2011

Mini Book with Tag Pockets

When I'm not scrapping, or otherwise engaged in creating, I have to go out to work to earn pennies to buy more crafty stash. At said day job I have two student assistants, and today I had to say goodbye to them both as they've graduated and are off to bigger and brighter things *sobs*. I decided to do something a bit more unusual than a leaving card, and created these little mini books (using this tutorial on YouTube).
I added the binding as a fun finishing touch, and then decorated the covers with ribbon, labels, alphas and a ribbon flower. 
There was a minor design flaw, as I had tags to go in the pockets of the mini book, but unfortunately they were too big, and I'd already had people write leaving messages on them before I made up the mini books, so some of the inserts stick out at the top. Oh well! I don't think it looks too bad, and the girls seemed really pleased with them, so that's the main thing!

11 comments:

Bubbles said...

I think they're beautiful - what a perfect pressie... personal and pretty too! I'm sure Georgiana and Shree will love them!

The Scrapbook Garden said...

What a sweet thing to do - they are lovely. Ann x

misteejay said...

What a super idea Jules and such a lovely gift.

Toni xx

Pam said...

What a great idea-they are beautiful!!!

Mitralee said...

Very sweet! Nice job!!

fatmonica said...

I love these mini books-what a great gift!

Claireliz said...

This is gorgeous Jules, love it.
C
xx

Dan said...

What wonderful gifts!

Kazy1 said...

I think these are just lovely. An original and thoughtful gift and beautifully made! Karen

vixen said...

Gorgeous, what lovely gifts :)

Anonymous said...

I love your minis! They were sure to please the girls who recieved them!
BTW, I'm Susi, not Anonymous! I am new at reading blogs and commenting on them, and I didn'y know how else to comment!