Sunday, 19 June 2011

Natural Beauty

This is another layout for Ann at The Scrapbook Garden, using the Basic Grey "Hello Luscious" paper pad. I was browsing the internet, looking for inspiration for different ways to use 6"x6" patterned papers on 12"x12" layouts, and came across this layout by Eva Pizarro for Pebbles Inc. I love all the little circles and decided to have a go at my own version.I used less circles then Eva did on her layout, and haven't embellished them as she did - I thought I'd let the gorgeous patterns on the papers speak for themselves. I added more strips of paper around the photo and placed my title underneath my block of circles.

I loved the effect of the machine stitching through the circles on Eva's layout, but since I don't own a sewing machine I decided to go for a different technique which gives a similar effect from a distance.  A sewing machine is definitely top of my shopping list at the moment!
I secured each of the circles in the centre so that I could lift each side slightly, and raised the photo on foam pads to give a bit of dimension to the finished layout.
The title is made up of two sets of alphas - 7Gypsies rub ons, and Adornit alpha stickers.
 Thanks for stopping by, hope you liked my layout! Don't forget to call at The Scrapbook Garden blog to see what the rest of the DT have been up to :D

17 comments:

Claireliz said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Jules.
C
xx

Sue said...

Love it !

Sandra said...

What a stunning layout

beccaf1970 said...

Beautiful papers, beautiful design, beautiful dog! Love it!

vixen said...

Gorgeous LO love the stitching over the circles :)

helena said...

beautiful use of lots of patterns

Wendy said...

I love this LO! A great way to use up scraps :-)

misteejay said...

Beautiful PPs and the LO shows them off wonderfully. Great work.

Toni xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

ooo beautiful page :)

The Scrapbook Garden said...

I like your version of this lo best! Another beautiful creation - thank you. Ann x

C. Camp said...

Fantastic layout,I love the circles and how they are linked together. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Love all the circles and I really thought you had stitched through them, so great faux stitching effect.
Jenny :)

akilli melek said...

what a gorgeous page, and a cute subject photo too! thanks for sharing. caroline

Mini said...

Gorgeous! I'm going to scraplift oyur scraplift!
Sue x

Alix said...

oh this is a super super LO! great lift!

pocketofsun said...

Love the layout, colorful circles. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jennie said...

Fabulous, I feel the need to scrap lift!