Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Perfect Arrangement

Ann recently sent her Design Team a new kit from The Scrapbook Garden, and with it she set us a challenge: to show how 6"x6" papers can be used on layouts as effectively as 12" x 12" papers. I was lucky enough to receive the gorgeous Hello Luscious line from Basic Grey, and I immediately set to and created this layout:  
I was immediately drawn to the striped paper in the collection, which I cut into the individual patterns, before adhering them to the white cardstock with slight gaps inbetween to emphasise the stripes. This also increased the height of my 6x6 paper, making it look like I've used a bigger piece.
I also used the Tando Creative mask from the kit, and misted over it with green spray ink. I chose to highlight just one of the two corner flourishes by drawing round the pattern with black pen. The Dovecraft paper flowers were also in the kit, so I layered up a few and finished them with a brad in the centre.
I decided to go for an extended title, and use up some of my large collection of alphas. Mojo loves to play fetch and would do it all day if you let her, which is fine by me as I love taking action shots of her running and enjoying herself. I love this photo because she looks so pleased with herself, and it's unusual for her to pick up such a big stick! I used a mix of Fancy Pants and Adornit letter stickers, and Sassafras and Thickers chipboard alphas. 
I've been toying with the idea of setting up a Facebook page to see if I can get some commissions for personalised canvases, and your fantastic response to the one that I made for my friend spurred me on to finally do it, so thank you! If you want to have a look at the page (and I'd love it if you did) there's a link in the sidebar :D

7 comments:

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules. You are so lucky having such a wonderful subject as Mojo.

Toni xx

Michelle La Grue said...

Lovely LO and so much to look at!

Jenny said...

fab Lo.. I may have to scraplift this design then i'll have to leave white space :)
Jenny x

Linda said...

Lovely LO fab colours and design :)

Pam said...

Great use for 6x6 -stretching them out to make them look bigger-great tip!

The Scrapbook Garden said...

You have done a great job Jules showcasing these gorgeous papers and Tando Creative Mask. Another beautiful layout. Ann x

Julia Smith said...

Absolutely love this Jules, love the use of the stencil and slottage!! Great layout