Tuesday, 26 July 2011

10 Things About You - Circle Journal

I'm taking part in my first Circle Journal over on UKScrappers, and I'm very excited to get started! Here's my journal so far, which will be posted to the next participant later this week:I used acrylic covers and adhered patterned Kraft cardstock from Jillybean Soup on the inside of each cover. I then added the Prima felt flower,  October Afternoon journaling sticker and alphas from October Afternoon and American Crafts. 
The first two pages give the details of my theme and the rules (or lack of!) . I didn't want too much writing on there, so I put some of it inside a fold out card on the right hand page, which I covered with some Pebbles paper and a Kaisercraft rub on. 
The next two pages are my double page spread on my theme - there are enough blank pages for each of the other participants to add their own take on the theme. As mine is '10 things about you' I made the focus the numbers one to ten, and then added journaling to describe what each number means to me - for example, one is the number of years that I've been married to my lovely DH. I've used Papermania patterned Kraft cardstock, and then a mix of journaling stickers from October Afternoon and American Crafts. The numbers are all Thickers, except number 6 which is an October Afternoon sticker.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the ladies have put together - I have a feeling that some of the themes are going to push me out of my comfort zone, but I'm sure I'll have lots of fun!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Great start..Have fun! I have done a few in the past, Its GREAT fun when they come back.

Sandra said...

Oh it's gorgeous

misteejay said...

Fab journal Jules - it's really lovely.

Toni xx

Hannah said...

It sounds such a fun thing to do Jules, wish I had the time to take part in this sort of thing. Great pages so far, love your double spread, I love coloured elements and journalling on kraft :)

Claireliz said...

Lovely journal Jules, can't wait to see it when it returns home full.
C
xx