Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Christening Nameplate

My friend Carrina is an amazing baker - she recently received a commission for a cupcake tower for a Christening and asked me to create a nameplate to display in front of it. Here's what I came up with:
The background is a 6"x3" piece of greyboard painted white. I stamped the swirls using my Creative Impressions stamps and some black archival ink. I added silver dots to the ends of the swirls using dimensional paint. 
The flowers are handmade from white Bazzil card and a six petal flower punch, and finished off with a quick spritz of Cosmic Shimmer mist to give a sparkly pink sheen. I added two pearl topped pins behind one of the flowers.
The alphas are Basic Grey raw chipboard inked with Charcoal chalk ink and spritzed with white mist to give a silver effect. The date is handwritten on a Papermania metal rimmed tag and finished with two adhesive gems.
Carrina loved it - here's hoping her client did too!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful - I love the swirls :-)

Emilie said...

This is gorgeous! Love the flowers.

Sandra said...

Oh I'm sure they will, it's lovely.

Mitralee said...

pretty cool! Sweet like a cupcake!

misteejay said...

This is just beautiful Jules.

Toni xx

Jenny said...

I love this Jules, the flowers are so pretty and I love the colours on the letters too :)
Jenny x

Becky said...

This is absolutely stunning, I'm sure your friend's client will love it too. Becky x

Elaina said...

That is so lovely, I hope the cupcakes didn't pale in comparison lol.

Bubbles said...

That's lovely!
I couldn't have an expert baker as a friend... I'd be twice the size I am now ! *lol*

Claireliz said...

Oh that is so gorgeous, they will love it.
C
xx

Glen said...

Ooo...that is soo pretty Jules. I can see it being the talk of the day! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~