Friday, 8 July 2011

Lazy Summer Days

I've been following the UKScrappers 'ScrapFactor' contest, and one of the challenges was to scrap a layout without using patterned paper, so I thought I'd give it a go. I used the June kit from Sarah's Cards, plus a couple of leftovers from previous Sampler kits and a flower from Precocious Paper. 
I used a pale grey cardstock, splashed some red ink around and then added layers of ribbon, border stickers and journaling spots. I was feeling quite pleased with myself until I realised that the flower from Precocious Paper had patterned paper on it - oops! Oh well :D 




9 comments:

misteejay said...

I think it is a super LO Jules - love it.

Toni xx

fatmonica said...

Great layout!

helena said...

Looks great, lvoe the colours - funny the challenge for me would be to include pattern paper as I rarely us it!

Emy said...

Great page. Those inky drops really make the page work so well.

Karen leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen leonard said...

Sorry....what I meant to say was....
I thinks you made a fabulous job of that challenge. I would really struggle not to use any pp. Love the bobbly braid!

Emilie said...

Another gorgeous LO!

vixen said...

beautiful LO :)

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Jules.
C
xx